Welcome to Bandys High School!
We are making education better for students in grades 9 through 12.
We are located on a beautiful campus in the southeast corner of Catawba County that has been a central part of our community for 60 years. In fact, many of our students are the second, third, or even fourth generation to attend Bandys, while 28% of our staff are alumni. Bandys tradition runs deep, developed from State Championships in multiple sports and FFA, superior ratings season after season, marching band and chorus programs, and continued academic success.
Our school focuses on high expectations for academic, personal, social, and emotional growth, ensuring that students graduate college- and career-ready. Whether students are at a desk, in a lab, or on a stage, Bandys prepares them not only with the knowledge to face the next step in life but the confidence to pursue dreams.
We provide a wide range of academic offerings, including access to AP courses that challenge and engage young scholars to reach their greatest academic potential. Our team of talented and caring teachers, staff, and administration work together to personalize each individual's learning. We want to ensure that students receive a well-articulated and challenging curriculum, achieving their potential not only intellectually, but also artistically, athletically, and socially.
We provide a student-centered approach to instruction and use real-time academic data to drive instruction and improve student achievement. We also offer a wide variety of electives such as a nationally ranked JROTC and outstanding Career and Technical Education (CTE) classes that allow our students to gain experience and knowledge in a variety of career fields.
- Ensuring a safe and healthy environment for students and staff
- Helping our students graduate career- and college-ready
- Teaching soft skills like character education, teamwork, and collaboration that make our students attractive in the workforce
- Providing workforce development courses like engineering, animal science, health care, coding, drone technology, welding, auto mechanics, and more
- Giving our students the flexibility of taking a variety of courses online through Online Catawba Virtual Academy
- Personalizing our students’ education by getting to know each student’s unique academic, social, and emotional needs
- Providing students with technology as a tool for personalized learning including Chromebooks for each student, robotics programs, and more.
- Offering a well-rounded curriculum that includes foreign language offerings, robotics, visual and performing arts like drama, concert and marching band, chorus, handbells, and more
Dr. Chad Maynor
828.241.1471 ext. 308109
The Health & Safety of our Staff & Students is a Top Priority
We take proactive steps to ensure the safety of every student, teacher and administrator, relying on both state-of-the-art and common-sense solutions to protect our schools.
"See Something, Say Something" Anonymous Reporting System
This service is designed to help you anonymously and securely report anything that's scaring or endangering you, your friends or your family. You don't need to be afraid to contact us. You never have to give us your name if you don't want to.
We take your security seriously at Catawba County Schools, and we will do everything we can to resolve your concern as quickly and as safely as possible.
- In the event of an Emergency Dial 9-1-1
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
- The Anonymous Tip Line is monitored Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM.